Chicken Pot Pie Spaghetti Squash CasserolePosted by Phyllis Fox on Mar 4, 2021 in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Chicken Pot Pie Spaghetti Squash Casserole
CHICKEN POT PIE SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- 5 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups shredded chicken (or turkey)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (I used frozen peas and fresh carrots)
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups whole milk (I used 2%)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (I used Italian Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (I used dried rosemary)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions, stirring into the butter and cook until the onions have completely softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and rosemary then cook until the mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the frozen peas and carrots then add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for a minute while stirring, then slowly pour in the milk.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape up the bottom of the skillet and stir the milk into the vegetables. Let the filling come up to a simmer and then let thicken for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, then remove the skillet form the heat. Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Pour the filling into a large bowl along with the cooked spaghetti squash. Stir gently to combine the filling, then pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish that’s been buttered or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top the casserole with the remaining parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs then bake for 30 minutes.
- To brown the topping even more, place the casserole under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.